Most of us are familiar with the internal changes the female body goes through during menopause. These include sleepless nights, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, decreased libido, an increase in depression or anxiety, and many more. However, most women never associate menopause with changes in their skin. Hormone fluctuations or falling hormones cause dry, flaky skin, age spots or brown spots, thinning skin, and dull, droopy skin that has lost its luminous glow and elasticity.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, menopausal women lose 30% of their collagen during the first five years of menopause. This causes an increase in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The combination of falling hormones and loss of collagen causes the skin to lose its elasticity and supple appearance. Menopausal skin struggles to retain the water it needs so skin becomes dry and flaky. A lack of protein and collagen synthesis leaves the skin more vulnerable to the damaging effects of the sun. One of the key recommendations for protecting menopausal skin is to wear a daily sunscreen.
Because menopausal skin changes are so unique, women need specific skin care designed to address those needs. Most women find their previous skin care products are no longer working or some women even develop sensitivities to products they have used for years. For these reasons, Smooth Transition Menopausal Solutions has developed the Adaptive Skin Care specifically to address menopausal skin. These products were designed with precision and care, obtaining the perfect balance of nature and science.
Ingredients in the Adaptive Skin Care include:
- Hyaluronic acid is nature’s best fine line minimizer and moisturizer.
- Grape seed extract, red clover flower, and clove oil which are immune boosting, natural antimicrobials, and powerful antioxidants.
- Wild oats, jojoba, and aloe rejuvenate and moisturize dry, dull skin.
- Broccoli seed oil is a powerful antioxidant used in anti-aging and a natural protectant from UV rays.
- Organic coconut oil is a natural moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Daisy flower extract and dong quai reduce redness and balance skin tone.
- Apple fruit extract is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants for daytime skin protection.
- Watermelon fruit extract stimulates collagen synthesis and is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and amino acids to rejuvenate skin cells, moisturize, and protect from environmental exposures.